I tell you this is happening to me some time ago and sometimes it will come back if stress will hit me. First,is when I was still pregnant with my second child, I couldn't sleep at night and the main reason is stress. Second, is two days after I have my baby I could not sleep no matter what is I do even I am so sleepy. So, below are my tips for you to do.
First, determine the problem or the roots of causing your insomnia. Once you determine this you can do the next step.
Second, once your discover the reason, try to eliminate this.
Third, practice the tips below.
1. Try to schedule what time you go to bed and waking up in the morning. This is very important as your body needs to adjust your routine.
2. Eliminate alcohol if you drink and smokes if you smoke. This is hard but try.
3. Limit your naps.While napping is very helpful but it would help you to sleep during the night.
4. Regular exercises. Exercising helps your body to improve sleep but do not exercise before bedtime.
5.Make your bed comfortable. The bed is the most exciting part of the house, try to change your bedding more often as possible and used soft cotton materials.
6. Get all your worries and reduce stress. Avoid overthinking before you go to bed and try to watch a beautiful movie so you can sleep better.
7. Drink warm milk before bedtime. It is believed that drinking warm milk before bedtime can help you to fall asleep.
8. Yoga exercises. Yoga exercise will help you to maintain your concentration and find your inner thoughts. This will help you feel relax and reduce insomnia.
Please always remember that whatever you do, you have to stick to it and discipline yourself.