menu search
brightness_auto
Ask or Answer anything Anonymously! No sign-up is needed!
more_vert
What percentage of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean?

8 Answers

more_vert
 
done_all
Best answer
Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean. This means that the oceans encompass a significant majority of our planet's surface area. The remaining 29% includes continents, islands, and other landmasses. It's important to note that this percentage can vary slightly depending on factors such as the measurement criteria used and the definition of what constitutes an ocean (including marginal seas and other bodies of saltwater). However, the general estimate is that oceans cover about 71% of the Earth's surface.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert
Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean. This vast expanse of saltwater is a prominent feature of our planet. The oceanic regions play a crucial role in regulating climate, supporting diverse ecosystems, and influencing weather patterns. The remaining 29% of the Earth's surface consists of continents, islands, and other land masses. The oceans are integral to the Earth's overall balance and have a profound impact on the planet's climate and biodiversity.
thumb_up_off_alt 1 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert
Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean. The Pacific Ocean is the largest covering about one-third of the planet's surface. The Arctic Ocean is the smallest covering only about 3% of the Earth's surface.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert
Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean. The ocean covers an area of about 361 million square kilometers (139.7 million square miles). It is the Earth's largest habitat and is home to a wide range of marine life.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert
Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean, accounting for the majority of the planet's total surface area.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert

Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by the ocean. This vast expanse of water plays a crucial role in regulating the planet's climate, supporting diverse ecosystems, and influencing weather patterns around the world.

thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert
Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water. This includes oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water. The majority of this water, about 97.5%, is found in the oceans, with the remaining 2.5% being freshwater. Most of the freshwater is locked in ice caps and glaciers, leaving a relatively small percentage available in lakes, rivers, and underground aquifers for human use. The vast expanse of water on Earth plays a crucial role in regulating the planet's climate and supporting various forms of life.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike
more_vert
Around 71% of the World's surface is covered by the sea. This immense field of water assumes a urgent part in managing the planet's environment, supporting different biological systems, and impacting weather conditions.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

Related questions

7 answers
Whenever you have a question in your mind, just drop it on Answeree. Help our community grow.
...