There are no benefits of adding sugar to coffee. Here are 8 healthy ways to make your coffee healthy:
1. Do not drink coffee ( if caffeinated) after 2PM. It will just keep you awake at night.
2. Do not add or load your coffee with sugar. Adding sugar eliminates coffee's overall health benefits.
3. Choose a quality brand coffee such as organic.
4. Avoid drinking too much coffee. Drinking too much coffee can have adverse side effects and your body eventually will be immune to caffeine.
5. Add cinnamon to your coffee instead of sugar. Cinnamon has antioxidants that improves health.
6. Avoid low-fat and artificial creamers. These are usually highly processed and can contain questionable ingredients.
7. Add cocoa to your coffee. Like cinnamon, cocoa also has antioxidants that improves health.
8. Brew your coffee using a paper filter. This is because coffee contains cafestrol that may raise blood cholestrol levels. Using a paper filter reduces the amount of cafestrol.
Hope this helps. :)