The crown is basically a cap for a damaged tooth. It can be made from variety of materials, including metal or porcelain.
Different kinds of material can be used in crowns including porcelain, ceramic, zirconia, metal, composite resin and a combination of materials.
You can preserve a healthy tooth structure by following some good dental care-
1. Cut down on acidic drinks and foods.
2. Use a soft toothbrush and try not to brush too hard.
3. Rinse your mouth daily after meals. Brush two times a day for two minutes.
4. Use Mouthwash before going to sleep.
5. Flossing can help to loosens the particles that brushing misses.