Object-oriented programming provides a higher level for programmers to envision and develop their applications. Without attempting to define the concept, we merely note that one deals with objects and methods. An object might be a window, and a method might be to display the window.
Object Oriented programming is used to structure a software program into simple, reusable pieces of code blueprints, which are used to create individual instances of objects.
Object oriented programming is important because-
1. Its function and modules that are written by user can be reused by other user without any modification.
2. Through this we can eliminate redundant code and extend the use of existing classes.
3. The programmer can hide the data and functions in a class from other classes.
4. It helps the programmer to build the secure programs.
5. It makes it easy to maintain and modify existing code as new objects can be created with small differences to existing ones.
6. The give problem can be viewed as collection of different objects. Each object is responsible for a specific task. The problem is solved by interfacing the objects. It reduces the complexity of the program design.