The truth is for some people, essay writing may seem like a daunting task.You can either walk through it by working hard or Wiesel out by being slothful. Nothing good comes easy and if you want to be a writer,you have to learn some tips,talk to professionals and have it in mind that you are in it for the long haul.
To write a successful essay,the first thing is to Brainstorm
- Ask yourself questions about the topic - who, why, where?
- Make a list
- Free write. - write about the topic for 2 to 3 minutes
Another tip is to compose a thesis statement
- A single sentence that tells what the essay is all about
Make an outline of your main points
- Support your points with examples
- Write your essay working directly from your outline
Another important thing to check for is unity and coherence
- Your points must relate to the main idea in the paragraph
- Each paragraph must relate to your thesis
- Your points should be logically connected
This last point to me is the most important.Checking for grammar,sentence structure and punctuation. You don't want to write an essay that is full of errors,do you??
- Subjects and verbs must agree in both numbers and person
- Pronouns must agree with the nouns they represent.
- Ensure you don't have any sentence fragment,comma splices or run-on sentences
- Use a period at the end of every sentence,not a comma
- Us comma where their are pauses in speech,such as after introductory phrases,or clauses or between items in a series
Well,let me say that writing a good essay won't be easy if you don't practice. Write essays, give them to professionals to proof read,take note of your mistakes.With this,plus the tips in my write up,you should be close the the elusive ideal of a professional writer.